One other thing concerning Named Constants.

If something needs to externalized, then almost always it is something
that should be in database table. For example, company name should be in
a database table.

We end up hard coding stuff on the AS/400 because we don't have database
independence when use file I/O and nobody want to recompile programs
when fields are added to the database.

I use a copy member that has standard constants in it but the only thing
that I keep of is things like the name of the company message file name,
etc.

d cYes...
d c 'Y'
d cNo...