Sorry I havent responded, been away for 2 weeks and i wasn't getting any
emails (Dave fixed problem though, thank you )

I just finished reading all the replies and would make the following

- When I mentioned not being "web" based, I meant browser based. But after
reading some of the responses, I guess browser based would be ok. Now it's a
matter of what IDE to use. I do have WDSC, but it's a matter of learning the
beast.

- In regards to VARPG, I like the fact that's its RPG, but support seams to
be limited in regards to sample code and user base (forums, newgroups, etc).
I subscribed to IBM's newsgroup, but the responses are not even close to
something like midrange.com

- Processing speed. We have a 520 and would need a solution that would use
"batch" rather then the "interactive" portion of the processing power. When
using VB and SQL, it hogged up the precious "interactive" resourses bringing
the system to its knees. I believe WDSC pulls its resources from "batch".
I'm not sure about VARPG. The job running to retrieve the data was a
pre-start job and seems to run rather fast.

- I've read suggestions that used a graphical fronted with RPG on the
backend doing all the IO and such. Where can I find example of this
technique. Aaron Bartell had mentioned passing XML documents. Is there any
example of that anywhere?

My applogies if this thread has wavered from RPG. I would like to use and
RPG'sh solution since that's where most of my experience is, but I don't
mind biting the bullet either if the general consensis might be in another
direction (JAVA, CGI, etc..)