I am just trying to concatenate two fields first there is a third field also
customer_year. Wanted to keep it simple..:).

cheers,
-Jake.

On 4/2/07, Michael_Schutte@xxxxxxxxxxxx <Michael_Schutte@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Doesn't a date require a year? Or am I missing something in your statment?

Michael Schutte
Admin Professional
Bob Evans Farms, Inc.
Big Farm Salads - Hurry in to enjoy the newest farm-fresh taste from Bob
Evans, the "Home of Homestyle."

rpg400-l-bounces+michael_schutte=bobevans.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on
04/02/2007 12:17:40 PM:

> Thanks for the suggestion, Alan. I tried and it failed with the same
reason.
> I tried to use the 'cast' also and that failed too. Will keep trying a
few
> more options.
>
> cheers,
> -Jake.
>

> On 4/2/07, Alan Shore <AlanShore@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > You can only concatenate ("||") character fields. The two fields are
both
> > numeric.
> > Try the following (even though it looks NOT like what I described)
> > select dec(customer_month) || '-' || dec(customer_day) as "Date" from
> > iso.customer;
> >

> > Alan Shore
> >
> > NBTY, Inc
> > (631) 244-2000 ext. 5019
> > AShore@xxxxxxxx
> > "If you're going through Hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill
> > rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 04/02/2007 11:50:25 AM:
> >
> > > Hello Guru's,
> > > I am trying to execute a SQL statement in my RPG program but I am
> > getting
> > > this error. I was wondering if anybody ran into this before.
> > >
> > > SQL0440N  No authorized routine named "||" of type "FUNCTION" having
> > > compatible arguments was found.
> > >

> > > my SQL statement is as follows.
> > > select customer_month || '-' || customer_day as "Date" from
iso.customer
> > ;
> > >
> > > The data types of both customer_month and customer_day are
decimal(2).

> > > I did a search on SQL0440N and it turned up as a bug. If so, has it
been
> > > fixed and I just need a 'patch' maybe?
> > >
> > > Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
> > >
> > > cheers,
> > >
> > > -Jake.
> > > --
> > > This is the RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries (RPG400-L)
mailing