Holden Tommy wrote:

Here's a snippet of code for the QUSRJOBI api:

DRtvJobInfo       PR                  ExtPgm('QUSRJOBI')
D  ErrorCode_                32767a   Options(*Varsize) Varying

Warning, warning!  Remove Varying from the error code parameter.  The
error code is a data structure where the first 4 bytes have the length
of the structure.  If you pass a varying length string, you're almost
certain to get data corruption when the API misinterprets the first 4
bytes. If you've been getting away with this, it's probably because you
are passing a zero length string, and the first 2 bytes of the data are
x'0000', so the first 4 bytes have x'00000000'.

Also just a suggestion, if you code OPTIONS(*VARSIZE) on the first
parameter to QUSRJOBI, you could pass JOBI0700 directly and avoid the
substring.

DRtvJobInfo       PR                  ExtPgm('QUSRJOBI')
D  OutputData                32767a   Options(*Varsize)
D  DataLength                   10i 0
D  RtvFormat                     8a   Const
D  QualJob                      26a   Const
D  InternalJobID                16a   Const
D  ErrorCode_                32767a   Options(*Varsize)

   RtvJobInfo(JOBI0700
             :%Size(JOBI0700)
             :'JOBI0700'
             :QualJob