Hi Folks,

This might be an SQL questions which I guess should go into midrange-l but
I'll try this here first since it's embedding into rpg.

I'm getting a severity 11 error and it's preventing a clean compile using
the CRTSQLRPGI command.  If I change the GENLVL from 10 to 11, it compiles
fine and executes fine.

It compiled fine on V5R2 and before and this is the first time I'm trying
to compile on V5R3.

Q1.  How do I find out in the documentation what the default is for the
GENLVL parm on this command?  I assume it is 10 but I'm curious.

Q2.  Were there any changes between V5R2 and V5R3 that would cause this?

Q3.  Can you see what is wrong with this source (See below)?  I don't know
if it matters but the variable in question is defined in the display file
twice, once as input in one record format and once as output in another
record format.

By the way, it's not my code, so I know it needs to be rewritten.  I just
want to find this error.

Tks,

Glenn Gundermann

5722ST1 V5R3M0 040528            Create SQL ILE RPG Object
ITEMINQS                    11/28/06 17:16:35          Page   2
Record  *...+... 1 ...+... 2 ...+... 3 ...+... 4 ...+... 5 ...+... 6
...+... 7 ...+... 8   SEQNBR  Last change       Comments
    1         ** Display File
                   100   09/05/97
    2        FItemInqDspCF   E             Workstn indds(indicators)
                   200   11/28/06
    3
                   300   09/05/97
    4        d indicators      ds
                   400   11/28/06
    5        d   Exit                          n   overlay(indicators:3)
                   500   11/28/06
    6        d   Cancel                        n   overlay(indicators:12)
                   600   11/28/06
    7        d   LowInv                        n   overlay(indicators:30)
                   700   11/28/06
    8        d   NotFound                      n   overlay(indicators:40)
                   800   11/28/06
    9
                   900   11/28/06
   10        C                   Dow       NOT Exit
                  1000   11/28/06
   11
                  1100   11/28/06
   12        C/Exec SQL
                  1200   11/28/06
   13        c+ select  itmnbr,  itmdescr,  itmqtyoh,  itmqtyoo,  vndnbr,
itmvndcat#        1300   11/28/06
   14        c+   into :itmnbr, :itmdescr, :itmqtyoh, :itmqtyoo, :vndnbr,
:itmvndcat#        1400   11/28/06
   15        c+   from item_pf
                  1500   11/28/06
   16        c+   where itmnbr = :itmnbr
                  1600   11/28/06
   17        C/End-Exec
                  1700   11/28/06
   18
                  1800   11/28/06
   19        c                   Eval      NotFound = *Off
                  1900   11/28/06
   20        C                   If        not notfound
                  2000   11/28/06
   21
                  2100   11/28/06
   22         ** Display details
                  2200   09/05/97
   23        C                   Dow       NOT Cancel
                  2300   11/28/06
   24        C                   Eval      LowInv = (ItmQtyOH + ItmQtyOO)
< 20               2400   11/28/06
   25        C                   Exfmt     Detail
                  2500   09/05/97
   26
                  2600   09/05/97
   27        C                   IF        Exit
                  2700   11/28/06
   28        C                   Eval      *InLR = *ON
                  2800   09/05/97
   29        C                   Return
                  2900   09/05/97
   30        C                   Endif
                  3000   09/05/97
   31
                  3100   11/28/06
   32        C                   Enddo
                  3200   09/05/97
   33        C                   Endif
                  3300   09/05/97
   34
                  3400   09/05/97
   35         ** No Item record found or F12 pressed - display prompt
                  3500   09/05/97
   36        C                   Eval      Cancel = *OFF
                  3600   11/28/06
   37        C                   Exfmt     Prompt
                  3700   09/05/97
   38        C                   Enddo
                  3800   09/05/97
   39
                  3900   11/28/06
   40        C                   Eval      *InLR = *ON
                  4000   09/05/97
   41        C                   Return
                  4100   09/05/97
   42
                  4200   09/05/97
   43
       4300   09/28/93
   44        C     *Inzsr        Begsr
                  4400   09/05/97
   45        C                   Eval      PgmNam = 'ITEMINQ'
                  4500   09/06/97
   46        C                   Exfmt     Prompt
                  4600   09/05/97
   47        C                   Endsr
                  4700   09/05/97
                                * * * * *  E N D  O F  S O U R C E  * * * * *
                                                   OL3800  GLENN GUNDERMANN
5722ST1 V5R3M0 040528            Create SQL ILE RPG Object
ITEMINQS                    11/28/06 17:16:35          Page     3
                                               CROSS REFERENCE
Data Names                    Define    Reference
CANCEL                           6        CHARACTER(1) IN INDICATORS
EXIT                             5        CHARACTER(1) IN INDICATORS
INDICATORS                       4        STRUCTURE
ITEM_PF                          ****     TABLE
                                          12
ITMCOST                          12       DECIMAL(5,2) COLUMN (NOT NULL)
IN ITEM_PF
ITMDESCR                         2        CHARACTER(25)
                                          12
ITMDESCR                         ****     COLUMN
                                          12
ITMDESCR                         12       CHARACTER(25) CCSID 37 COLUMN
(NOT NULL) IN ITEM_PF
ITMNBR                           2        DECIMAL(5,0)
ITMNBR                           2        DECIMAL(5,0)
                                          12 12
ITMNBR                           ****     COLUMN
                                          12 12
ITMNBR                           12       DECIMAL(5,0) COLUMN (NOT NULL)
IN ITEM_PF
ITMPRICE                         12       DECIMAL(5,2) COLUMN (NOT NULL)
IN ITEM_PF
ITMQTYOH                         2        DECIMAL(7,0)
                                          12
ITMQTYOH                         ****     COLUMN
                                          12
ITMQTYOH                         12       DECIMAL(7,0) COLUMN (NOT NULL)
IN ITEM_PF
ITMQTYOO                         2        DECIMAL(7,0)
                                          12
ITMQTYOO                         ****     COLUMN
                                          12
ITMQTYOO                         12       DECIMAL(7,0) COLUMN (NOT NULL)
IN ITEM_PF
ITMVNDCAT#                       2        CHARACTER(7)
                                          12
ITMVNDCAT#                       ****     COLUMN
                                          12
ITMVNDCAT#                       12       CHARACTER(7) CCSID 37 COLUMN
(NOT NULL) IN ITEM_PF
LOWINV                           7        CHARACTER(1) IN INDICATORS
NOTFOUND                         8        CHARACTER(1) IN INDICATORS
PGMNAM                           2        CHARACTER(10)
PGMNAM                           2        CHARACTER(10)
VNDNBR                           2        DECIMAL(5,0)
                                          12
                                                   OL3800  GLENN GUNDERMANN
5722ST1 V5R3M0 040528            Create SQL ILE RPG Object
ITEMINQS                    11/28/06 17:16:35          Page     4
                                               CROSS REFERENCE
VNDNBR                           ****     COLUMN
                                          12
VNDNBR                           12       DECIMAL(5,0) COLUMN (NOT NULL)
IN ITEM_PF
                                                   OL3800  GLENN GUNDERMANN
5722ST1 V5R3M0 040528            Create SQL ILE RPG Object
ITEMINQS                    11/28/06 17:16:35          Page     5
                                             DIAGNOSTIC MESSAGES
MSG ID  SEV  RECORD  TEXT
SQL0314  11      14  Position 17 Host variable ITMNBR not unique.
SQL0314  11      16  Position 27 Host variable ITMNBR not unique.
                    Message Summary
  Total     Info   Warning      Error   Severe  Terminal
      2        0         2          0        0         0
11 level severity errors found in source
   47 Source records processed
                               * * * * *  E N D  O F  L I S T I N G  * * *
* *
                                                   OL3800  GLENN GUNDERMANN