Hi Scott,

<snip>

     d Dump_Module_Variables...

     d                 pr                  extproc('QteDumpModuleVariables')

     d     Reveiver...
     d                            65535a   const options(*varsize)

Note that the API documentation states that this first parameter is INPUT
(in RPG, that's CONST) and that it's a CHAR(*) field. CHAR(*) means
"character field that varies". in RPG, that's the A data type with
options(*VARSIZE).
</snip>

Is this correct? I have used this API successfully and I don't have the
CONST keyword on the first parameter.

The V5R4 docs state:

Dump Module Variables (QteDumpModuleVariables) API

Required Parameter Group:

1       Receiver variable       Output  Char(*)
2       Receiver variable length        Input   Binary(4)
3       Format name     Input   Char(8)
4       Qualified program name  Input   Char(20)
5       Program type    Input   Char(10)
6       Module name     Input   Char(10)
7       Data option     Input   Binary(4)
8       Continuation handle     Input   Char(16)
9       Error code      I/O     Char(*)

Service Program: QTEDMPV
Default Public Authority: *USE
Threadsafe: No

This states that the first parameter is OUTPUT. I don't think CONST should
be included for this parameter.

Cheers

Larry Ducie