I believe Peter is somewhat correct...try splitting it.

D int3            s           3i 0

int3   = %int(HSISN3) + 1;
HSISN3  = %editc(int3 :'X');

             Peter Levy
             <plevy@xxxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:                  RPG programming on the AS400 /
             rpg400-l-bounces@         iSeries <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             midrange.com                                               cc

                                                                   Subject
             11/21/2006 10:33          Re: Using %editc()
             AM

             Please respond to
              RPG programming
              on the AS400 /
                  iSeries
             <rpg400-l@midrang
                  e.com>

Just off the top of my head I'm guessing that the %INT() BIF outputs a
binary integer that is probably a ten digit number. %EDITC() probably
outputs a temporary value that is ten characters in length and when you
EVAL it to a three character field it gets cut off. You could try using
EVALR.

Don Wereschuk wrote:
Hi All:   I'm trying to use %editc() to add 1 to a 3 character field but
it is not working quite right. I just can't see what I am doing wrong.

The code is as follows:

                            HSISN3 = %editc((%int(HSISN3) + 1):'X');

HSISN3 is defined as 3 character. The initial value is '001'. I was
hoping after the calc that the value would be '002'. Instead I get
'000'.

The program is compiled as *ZONED. Can anyone help?   TIA

Don Wereschuk

ISD  - Programmer/Analyst

Simcoe Parts Service Inc.

Phone:   705-435-7814          Ex: 302