No... You were right, this is what the compiler 'bakes' of it (once I
raised the compile bar to 11):

C*exec sql

C* execute RDVA_A1_Select

C*     using :@i_DVASTS, :@i_DVAN08, :@i_DVAN08WER

C*end-exec

C                   EVAL      SQL_00315    = @I_DVASTS
SQL
C                   EVAL      SQL_00316    = @I_DVAN08
SQL
C                   EVAL      SQL_00317    = @I_DVAN08WER
SQL
C                   Z-ADD     -4            SQLER6
SQL   35
C                   CALL      SQLROUTE
SQL
C                   PARM                    SQLCA
SQL
C                   PARM                    SQL_00310
SQL
C     SQL_00313     IFEQ      '1'
SQL
C                   EVAL      @I_DVASTS = SQL_00315
SQL

Etc. etc. etc.... For some reason it will change the contents of the
key-fields when SQL_00313 equals '1' (I suppose that when an error has
occurred... But I am not sure...)

I will change the parameter to VALUE, I do not want to touch the values
in the calling subroutine/procedure, but I do think this is strange
behaviour. Perhaps someone has a plausible explanation.

Charles: I can't thank you enough for the insights you gave me.

Thanks,

Cor