From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of McCully,
Keith (RBS Insurance)
Sent: woensdag 8 november 2006 11:33
To: 'RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries'
Subject: RE: Toying about with SQL, and just wondering

If you're ok with SQL cursors then you can use the FETCH
statement to retrieve rows from a table.

You can then add the multiple-row-fetch clause to control the
size of the result set:

FOR n ROWS INTO MyStructure

Where: n is the integer number of rows that you want to load,

MyStructure is (in RPG) a multi-occur data structure host
variable formatted in accordance with the data retrieved from
the table. The number of occurrences should be equal or
greater than the number of rows retrieved.

Note that if you want to capture the actual number of rows
actually loaded (could be less than your chosen value for
n)use the SQLERR3 (ROW_COUNT) from the included SQLCA Data Structure.

Cheers,

Keith