On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 19:49:31 -0500 (CDT)
 Scott Klement <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hmmm... can't a CCSID refer to more than one codepage? I
didn't think it
was a simple 1 to 1 mapping.

Sorry if I implied that.  Never meant to.  I was assume
that most CCSID can map back to multiple code pages or vice
versa.  But because the docs say if you use O_CODEPAGE it
will determine the proper CCSID, I assumed there is a table
out there somewhere showing what will be used.

If not published, hidden in QSYS somehwere.

 Have you looked at the NLS
APIs (link
follows):

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/topic/apis/nls1.htm

There's an API that gets a CS/CP (character set / code
page) pair from a
given CCSID, and vice-versa.

That's why I was hoping there was a table out there
somewhere.

Anyhoo, thanks guys.