On 9/19/06, Eric Wolf <eric_a_wolf@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Steve,

  The steps I followed last night were as follows (but am still having
  problems):

  1)  Recreated the primary service program using binder source.

  2)  Removed the duplicate procedures from 3 other service program's binder
  source.

  3)  Recreated the 3 other *SRVPGM binding the primary to them using the
  BNDSRVPGM parameter.

  4)  Recompiled all affected programs using CRTRPGMOD and CRTPGM.

  5)  I am still receiving the "Pointer not set for location referenced".  I
  have not moved any of the module names around in the binder source.  I now
  add new procedures to the end of the *CURRENT defintion.

  If I cannot solve the problem, I will have to remove the service programs
  from my libraries by re-writing the code to do standard "calls".  I hate
  to have to do this but I will have no choice.

Eric,

can you run the job in debug mode? make sure all the modules are
compiled as CRTRPGMOD DBGVIEW(*ALL) . When the code bombs the job will
halt where the error occurs. Then use DSPJOB to display the call
stack. As Scott says, the problem is probably a standard bug.  In the
debugger you can use DSPMODSRC to move up and down the call stack and
examine each call stack entry and check the variables and parameters.
( use the QUAL statement in the debugger if two of the procedures in
the call stack are in the same module ).

-Steve