Ideally yes to avoid confusion.  If it's coded without the N25 and N26 then
the overlapping field (indicator 25) would be ignored.

-----Original Message-----
From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Booth Martin
Sent: 31 August 2006 01:01
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: Display File Ovelaping Fields

Would it work better if he also used the N indicator?
   A   26N25
   A   25N26

I don't know exactly why I am saying this, except for a nagging from another
life.

Jonathan Mason wrote:
Hi Mike

The coding you have should work although I would personally take the
conditioning off the COLOR(WHT) as it's implied by the condition on the
"field".

Are you coding a straight forward display file format or are you coding a
subfile record format.  You cannot condition fields on a subfile record,
but
you can on subfile controls and ordinary display formats.

However, the way I would do this would be to code an output field on the
display and store the texts in a message file.  In the program I would do
RTVMSG to bring in the text and update the output field accordingly.

Hope it helps

Jonathan