Scott,
  I found the first problem for error code 10  - I had the file name in the
incorrect format.
  I corrected that and then got a SQL CLI Error  9 in the statement
  Rc = SQLGetStmtAttr (hstmt               :
                     SQL_ATTR_ROW_NUMBER :
                     pRows_Returned      :
                     %Len(Rows_Returned) :
                     Bytes_Returned);
  Error type 9 is argument value not valid.

  Thanks,

Scott Klement <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Jeff,

You said you're getting a -2 return code from SQLPrepare(). -2 is the
same as SQL_INVALID_HANDLE (the latter being a named constant with a value
of -2).

Your program creates the environment and connection handles and connects
successfully.

The next thing it does is create another environment handle? Why would
you do that? I think you probably meant to create a statement handle
here, but that's not what you did! You then call SQLPrepare() and pass
hstmt, but I don't see where you ever created the hstmt handle?

Here's the code I'm referring to:

//**********************************************************
// prepare the statement (do this once)
//**********************************************************
rc = SQLAllocHandle (SQL_HANDLE_ENV : SQL_NULL_HANDLE : henv);
Exsr Check_Rc;

I would assume that what you really wanted to do the following, correct?

rc = SQLAllocHandle (SQL_HANDLE_STMT : henv : hstmt);
Exsr Check_Rc;

Then you do the following:

szSqlStr = SQL_Select_Stmt; // Load SQL Statement to execute
cbSqlStr = SQL_NTS; // Length
// Associate SQL Statement with Handle
// All SQL commands will now refer to this statement
rc = SQLPrepare(hstmt : // Statement Handle
szSqlStr : // Statement to execute
cbSqlStr); // Length
Exsr Check_Rc;

Here you're getting an SQL_INVALID_HANDLE error, which is likely to be
because you never allocate hstmt (unless you change your code to match my
suggestion)

Another thing that struck me as odd was the following:

%Occur(Customer_Data)= 1;
Rows_to_Fetch = %Elem(Customer_Data);
rc = SQLFetchScroll (hstmt : // Handle
SQL_FETCH_NEXT : // Type of fetch
Rows_to_Fetch ); // Number of rows to fetch

Unless I'm really confused, the 3rd parameter to SQLFetchScroll is an
offset, and NOT the number of rows to fetch!

This offset would be used when the 2nd parameter is SQL_FETCH_RELATIVE to
tell it where to move the cursor relative to the current position, which
SQLFetchScroll does before it fetches a record.

I don't think SQLFetchScroll is capable of fetching multiple records, is
it? I thought you had to use SQLExtendedFetch() for that...

However, I've never been able to get SQLExtendedFetch() to work, I always
get SQLSTATE=HY010 when I try to use SQLExtendedFetch(). Since I can
never get it to work properly, I didn't respond to your first question :)

If SQLFetchScroll() does allow multiple records to be returned, I'd expect
that you'd have to set the rowset size with SQLSetStmtAttr(). Have you
tried that?