Hi guys,

someone has also run in the following problems?
All of our fields are referenced with fields in an external datastructure
(for the field reference file).
This reference is embedded in a copy member as follows (don't care about §
we can use it instead of @, and the old naming conventions never got
changed)
Copy Member:
 /IF DEFINED(§§DSINParam)
 /IF NOT DEFINED(§§DSIN)
 /DEFINE §§DSIN
D §§DSIN        E DS                  EXTNAME(LLDSIN)
 /ENDIF

 /ELSE

 /IF NOT DEFINED(§§DSINBased)
 /DEFINE §§DSINBased
D §§DSINBased   E DS                  EXTNAME(LLDSIN) Based(DummyPtr)
 /ENDIF

 /ENDIF

For someold sources we need to pass this datastructure as parameter, for the
newer ones we only use the datastructure to define local or global
variables. (That's why we use these compiler directives)

All our (host) variables and parameter fields (with the exception of
Indicators N and Pointers *) are defined with the keyword LIKE and a field
from this external datastructure.

In Release V5R2 we could compile all objects with embedded SQL. In release
V5R3M0 it is not possible, because the host variables cannot be used. We
know about uniqueness of host variables in release V5R3M0 and avoid defining
the same variable several times.

Parameter fields that are defined with LIKE(WhatEver) and used in
SQL-Statements are accepted, but not stand alone fields.
Yesterday I tried several versions. The only way I succeeded in getting
compiled my (service-)programs was, instead of using the copy member, I had
to add the external data structure, but not at based version.
As already pointed out all of our embedded SQL (service-)programms got
compiled under release V5R2 without any problem.

In my opinion this must be a bug. Does someone know if there is a PTF
available?

Thanks in advance

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best regards

Birgitta

"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."
(Les Brown)