Jim,

Here's a tip - put this into a copybook called e.g. PGMSDS:
     /IF NOT DEFINED(PGMSDS)
     /DEFINE PGMSDS
     *
     * Program Status Data Structure
     *
    D PgmSDS         SDS
    D  PSDSMainProc                 10A
    D  PSDSStatus                    5S 0
    D  PSDSPrvSts                    5S 0
    D  PSDSStmt                      8A
    D  PSDSRoutine                   8A
    D  PSDSParms                     3S 0
    D  PSDSExcpMsg                   7A
    D   PSDSExcpTyp                  3A   Overlay(PSDSExcpMsg:1)
    D   PSDSExcpNbr                  4A   Overlay(PSDSExcpMsg:4)
    D                                4A
    D  PSDSWorkArea                 30A
    D  PSDSPgmLib                   10A
    D  PSDSExcpData                 80A
    D  PSDSExcpID                    4A
    D  PSDSFileErr                  10A
    D                                6A
    D  PSDSDate                      8A
    D  PSDSCentury                   2A
    D  PSDSFileErr2                  8A
    D  PSDSFileSts                  35A
    D  PSDSQualJob                  26A
    D   PSDSJobName                 10A   Overlay(PSDSQualJob:1)
    D   PSDSJobUser                 10A   Overlay(PSDSQualJob:11)
    D   PSDSJobNbr                   6S 0 Overlay(PSDSQualJob:21)
    D    PSDSJobNbrC                 6A   Overlay(PSDSJobNbr)
    D  PSDSJobDate                   6S 0
    D   PSDSJobDateC                 6A   Overlay(PSDSJobDate)
    D  PSDSRunDate                   6S 0
    D   PSDSRunDateC                 6A   Overlay(PSDSRunDate)
    D  PSDSRunTime                   6S 0
    D   PSDSRunTimeC                 6A   Overlay(PSDSRunTime)
    D  PSDSCmpDate                   6S 0
    D   PSDSCmpDateC                 6A   Overlay(PSDSCmpDate)
    D  PSDSCmpTime                   6S 0
    D   PSDSCmpTimeC                 6A   Overlay(PSDSCmpTime)
    D  PSDSCmpLvl                    4A
    D  PSDSSrcfName                 10A
    D  PSDSSrcfLib                  10A
    D  PSDSSrcfMbr                  10A
    D  PSDSOwnPgm                   10A
    D  PSDSOwnMod                   10A
    D                               76A
    D  PSDSSrcID                     5I 0
    D  PSDSSrcID2                    5I 0
    D  PSDSUsrPrf                   10A
    D                               62A
     /ENDIF

and then include in all your programs as e.g.:

    /COPY QRPGLESRC,PGMSDS

Much easier than defining specific fields in your programs.

HTH,

Rory