So in debug, at line 19 of the CL, what's the value of &MBR? Does that
member exist in the REPAIRS file that's found in the library list?

On 5/30/06, steema@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <steema@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The CL is here:

0007.00      PGM        PARM(&MBR &COMM1 &COMM2 &COMM3 &COMM4 &COMM5)
0008.00
0009.00      DCL        VAR(&MBR) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(7)
0010.00      DCL        VAR(&COMM1) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(80)
0011.00      DCL        VAR(&COMM2) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(80)
0012.00      DCL        VAR(&COMM3) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(80)
0013.00      DCL        VAR(&COMM4) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(80)
0014.00      DCL        VAR(&COMM5) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(80)
0015.00
0016.00      OVRDBF     FILE(REPAIRS) MBR(&MBR)

0019.00     CALL       PGM(OERRPRM) PARM(&COMM1 &COMM2 &COMM3 +
0020.00                  &COMM4  &COMM5

THE RPG:

0009.00 Frepairs   if   e           disk
0010.00 c*
0011.00 c     *entry        plist
0012.00 c                   parm                    comm1            80
0013.00 c                   parm                    comm2            80
0014.00 c                   parm                    comm3            80
0015.00 c                   parm                    comm4            80
0016.00 c                   parm                    comm5            80

> Show the complete OVRDBF and the complete File spec.
>
> On 5/30/06, steema@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <steema@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Peter, I didn't make it Usropn, bec. I am simply passing the member
name
>> from the main program. However, I will try this idea as well.
>> Thanks,
>> Steve Merer
>> > Did you make the file UsrOpn?
>> >
>> > if not, and the ExtMbr variable is blanks, you might get this error
>> > (haven't checked but my gut feeling suggests it)
>> >
>> > Also the "implicit" open suggests that your file is opened
>> automagically
>> > when the program is started, whereas a UsrOpn file will be
>> "explicitly"
>> > opened.
>> >
>> > HTH,
>> >
>> > Peter Colpaert
>> > Application Developer
>> > PLI - IT - Kontich, Belgium
>> > -----
>> > Yoda of Borg are we.  Futile is resistance, assimilated will you be.
>> > -----
>> >

>> > steema@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> > Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>> > 30/05/2006 15:16
>> > Please respond to
>> > RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

>> > "RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> > cc
>> >
>> > Subject
>> > Re: Problem w/ calling a multi-members file
>> >

>> > Yes but the file does exist. The issue is that the member does not
>> exist,
>> > I think.
>> >
>> > this is the called program error
>> >

>> > Message ID . . . . . . :   CPF9C32       Severity . . . . . . . :
40