This is on the iSeries Network poll...

Thanks,
Tommy Holden

-----Original Message-----
From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 12:57 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: S36EE and S38EE RPG Compilers

I've never used the S/38 one.  I still use the S/36 (RPG II) compiler
once
every blue moon or so.  My normal policy is to upgrade the source
whenever
I need to touch it, but occasionally when I'm in a hurry and the change
is
extremely minor, I'll just re-compile the S/36 code.

When IBM discontinues the RPG II compiler, it won't matter to me. I'll
just convert the code.

(Is this deja-vu, or have we had this conversation before?  I could be
thinking of a different forum, tho.)

---
Scott Klement  http://www.scottklement.com

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006, Frank.Kolmann@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I heard IBM was considering making the RPGII and RPGIII compilers in
S36EE