Jake,

Just a few comments.

First, the EXTPGM( ) keyword isn't needed here. I'm guessing that WMSPRNT_06 is the name of the program which called this program, and that it is the one that has the display file. The prototype here (PR/PI) defines the *Entry PLIST (incoming parms). Use the EXTPGM( ) when you want to define a call by prototype to another program (no PI used in that case).

Second, I couldn't find where the value of "wrhouse" was set. I'm getting old and the eyesight is going, but a search only found it in the data structure and output. That, of course, won't cause the program to fail; just output blanks in the output.

        * Jerry C. Adams
*IBM System i Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale Distributors, Inc.* *
voice
        615.995.7024
fax
        615.995.1201
email
        jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Jake M wrote:

Hello Pro's,

I have coded an SQLRPGLE program which takes a parameter and creates a
report. I want this parameter to be supplied using a Display File. Is this
possible? I am still learning RPG so this might be an extremely easy
question so please be gentle. Here is my program.

    H ActGrp(*CALLER)
    H DftActGrp(*NO)

    Fqsysprt   o    f  132        printer

    D whchoice        PR                  EXTPGM('WMSPRNT_06')
    D  warehouse                     2

    D whchoice        PI
    D  warehouse                     2

    d myDS            ds
    D   wrhouse                      2a
    D   icwmsn                       6a
    D   icwmbl                      14a
    D   icwmbt                       5a
    D   icwmas                       5a
    D   icwmdb                       1a
    D   icwmal                       1a
    D   icwmps                       9s 0
    D   icwmbs                       1a

    C/EXEC SQL
    C+ Set Option
    C+     Naming    = *Sys,
    C+     Commit    = *None,
    C+     UsrPrf    = *User,
    C+     DynUsrPrf = *User,
    C+     Datfmt    = *iso,
    C+     CloSqlCsr = *EndMod,
    C+     Commit    = *NONE
    C/END-EXEC

    C/exec sql
    C+ declare mainCursor Cursor
    C+   for
    C+ select icwmwh, icwmsn, icwmbl, icwmbt,
    C+ icwmas, icwmdb, icwmal, icwmps, icwmbs
    C+   from mylib/icwmap where icwmwh =:warehouse
    C/end-exec
    C/exec sql
    C+ open mainCursor
    C/end-exec
    C/exec sql
    C+ fetch next
    C+  from mainCursor
    C+  into :myDS
    C/end-exec

     /FREE
        except heading;
      dow SQLSTT = '00000';
        except detail;
     /END-FREE
    C/exec sql
    C+ fetch next
    C+  from mainCursor
    C+  into :myDS
    C/end-exec
     /FREE
      enddo;

      *inlr = *on;
     /END-FREE

    Oqsysprt   e            heading     1
    O                                        +   1 'WH'
    O                                        +   1 'SEC'
    O                                        +   3 'BIN'
    O                                        +   1 'TYP'
    O                                        +   1 'AVAIL'
    O                                        +   1 'DEDBIN'
    O                                        +  10 'AVAL4LETDOWN'
    O                                        +  12 'SEQ'
    O                                        +  18 'STATUS'

    Oqsysprt   e            detail      3
    O                       wrhouse          +   1
    O                       icwmsn           +   1
    O                       icwmbl           +   1
    O                       icwmbt           +   1
    O                       icwmas           +   1
    O                       icwmdb           +   1
    O                       icwmal           +   1
    O                       icwmps           +  12
    O                       icwmbs           +  12

Thanks in advance,

Jake.