You need to understand the concepts of basic error trapping.

Ok, so you put a MONMSG in your CL to trap for some stuff, that's a start.
 Although why one would monitor for CPFA09C - "Not authorized" and then
act as if everything was fine escapes me.  I might be tempted to add
another parameter that says whether or not the CPY ended successfully.
Other possibilities for monitoring include What about if &PDFFILE is not
there?

Ok, back to the basics.
- What error are you seeing in your joblog?
- Can you change the RPG to call(e), and then look at the contents of your
PSDS for the exception message, and the exception message data?
- I would use all upper case on your call instead of 'rename'.  This can
make a difference when you start into subprocedures and the like.  Not
sure if that is your concern here.

Another possible technique.  Do away with the CL.  Instead use QCMDEXC.
Again, you could use the psds for some error handling
callp(e) qcmdexc(cmd:cmdlen);
if %error;
  Select;
  When psds.exceptionMsg='CPFA09C';
    // Not authorized to the 'from' file
  When psds.exceptionMsg='CPFA0A9';
    // From object not found
  Other;
    // All others
  EndSl;
EndIf;

By the way, if you truly want to 'rename', why are you using CPY instead
of RNM?

Rob Berendt