Guys,
Thanks for all the help.
I think I have figured it. Its working fine now. It was my bad.

My program was refering to a SRVPGM which was intern referring to another
service program that was bound by library instead of *LIBL.
once I recreated the srvpgm with *libl it worked fine.

But what really confused me was on the production box once I created the
library everything started to work.