From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jerry Adams
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 12:55 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: Service Program Moving to Production problem

Paul,

I've never written a service program, but I found the statement: "on
production it works fine if I just create the library DEVOBJ, (just an
empty library DEVOBJ)" a little odd.  As in, "that doesn't make any
sense."

For a "regular" RPG IV program that would lead me to think that there
was something hard-coded in the program (or a supporting CL, maybe) that

wanted DEVOBJ for some reason.  An empty library would certainly not
enable me to call a program.

The statement just doesn't make sense to me (but, then, I confuse
easily).

See you in MN - unless Northwest goes on strike.

        * Jerry C. Adams
*iSeries Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale Distributors, Inc.* *
voice
        615.995.7024
fax
        615.995.1201
email
        jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Paul Tuohy wrote:

>These are not what we asked for. What you pasted here was information
about
>the service program - this is not your problem.  As Rob suggested - do
>DSPPGM of your test program (NOT a DSPSRVPGM of the service program)
and