Nothing wrong with that API. Nothing wrong at all.

How many times are you so certain that underlying work/technique is
sound that you don't look at the obvious?

In the module structure I've been developing there are a few standards.
One of those standards is that all input character arguments are
converted to uppercase before being passed to an API for those API's
that care (are you laughing yet?.......)

Therefore, following my structure to the nth I made sure to upper case
convert the date argument coming in.. (it IS character, after all, isn't
it?)

So - since the *DTS data coming in could be any hex codes, many of them
alpha characters, I was changing the stamp before the API converted it.
Just by pure chance the conversion resulted in a valid *DTS date. Buried
in a little underneath validation routine.....

2 days I've looked for that sucker. *moan* Time to go home now, grab a
beer, and console myself that errors are all part of the process.....

I am still interested on any thoughts about how the pointer based on a
pointer thing works (because it does), and if there is a better way. For
example, if you wanted to dump all the messages in a data queue into a
user space with the QMHRDQM API, and the API expects a character
argument for the output variable, how would you do it? I needed a lot
more than 32767 characters for a large data queue. By basing a pointer
variable on a pointer that is the address to the user space, and then
passing that based pointer to the QMHRDQM API it works nicely, but I've
sometimes wondered if there is a better way.

Anyway, I'll be quiet now ;-) *ashamed* *LOL*

JPW

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after low pricing is
forgotten!

Cautillo, Leon M.

This message has been sent from Foodstuffs (Auckland) Limited ("Foodstuffs").

The information contained in this message and or attachments
is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error,
please contact the sender and delete the material from any
system and destroy any copies.

The views and opinions expressed in this message may be those
of the individual and not necessarily those of Foodstuffs,
and are not given or endorsed by it.

Please note that this communication does not designate an
information system for the purposes of the Electronic
Transactions Act 2002.