From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of IAIN WILSON
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2006 5:18 AM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: EXTPGM + Prototype

Hi All

Can somebody please advise me on what I am doing wrong
here.
This is my first foray into free format and prototypes
etc

I have the following setup

In an include file called AERRORPI in which I have the
folowing prototype declarations

DErrorLogs        PR
EXTPGM('ErrorLogs')
DProcess                        75A

DErrorMsg                       75A

DErrorMsg2                      75A

 *

DErrorLogs        PI

DProcess                        75A

DErrorMsg                       75A

DErrorMsg2                      75A

 *

In the external RPGILE program ERRORLOGS I have the
following

 /Include QrpGleSrc,AERRORPI

The program ERRORLOGS compiles successfully with a
severity level 10 but internally in the spool file is
the following on the interface declaration

     25+DErrorLogs        PR
EXTPGM('ErrorLogs')
     26+DProcess                        75A

     27+DErrorMsg                       75A

     28+DErrorMsg2                      75A

     29+ *

     30+DErrorLogs        PI

 ======> aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

 *RNF3776 10 a      001500+ External program on
prototype for main procedure is not the same as
program being created.
     31+DProcess                        75A

     32+DErrorMsg                       75A

     33+DErrorMsg2                      75A

I can actually run this program from teh command line
and I does what is intended so no problem there.

Additionally I have a second program that contains the
same /include directive

The result of the compilation is

     34+DErrorLogs        PR
EXTPGM('ErrorLogs')
     35+DProcess                        75A

     36+DErrorMsg                       75A

     37+DErrorMsg2                      75A

     38+ *

     39+DErrorLogs        PI

 ======> aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

 *RNF3776 10 a      001500+ External program on
prototype for main procedure is not the
                            same as program being
created.
     40+DProcess                        75A

     41+DErrorMsg                       75A

     42+DErrorMsg2                      75A

This program compilation fails with the above error
message severity 30

Can anyone please advise me on what I am doing wrong
here or am I being a complete numpty

Thanks in advance for any help

Iain