Thanks for so many tips guys.. I really appreciate it.
This is a real happening forum and now I rue, I should have found it much
before.

Anyways, I like these suggestions..
One of the biggest practical problem I am finding with using one copy book
per service program to store the procedure declaration is:
Each time I add a new procedure to the service program, the copy book
changes and as such I have to recompile all of my programs that use this.
Also I cannot use updpgm as Turnover does not allow it.

I do not have a problem with Turnover compiling all the programs, but we
have 4 production environments spread across us and each change has to be
distributed to all 4 m/c.  So say if 20 pgms use my srvpgm & include a copy
book, I have to compile all the 20 pgms even though they do not use all the
procedures or the new one added and distribute them.

So for this setup I feel the best way to go might be to not use copybooks.
Am I missing anything here.