Creating is fairly easy with a toolkit (you forgot the eRPG
SDK in your list <lol>).  But then again, you need the
knowledge of XML in the first place... no tool gives you
that.. That comes through (OH NO!) education and practice!

I didn't catch the original thread, but is part of this XML
support going to be native reads, writes, etc to IFS files?
 At a low level that would be a great addition.  And
"generic".

But then again, with a small amount of knowledge, time, and
ILE you can write it yourself (or take it from one of the
many examples published and online).

Parsing as well is only "hard" because it's new to most.
 Parsing hierarchical structures (or "trees") is something
new that we just have to learn and RPGers aren't exposed to
unless it's through comp sci classes or self study.  A few
more string BIFs would help.

The final product hopefully will be built so that it will
be expandable to future technologies.  In other words, a
lot of low-level simple task features that when put
together make XML handling easier.