From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of RPower@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2006 9:48 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: Weird Websphere Studio side effect

Not for the good programmers who want to increase their productivity that
is.
IMHO, they should whip anyone who uses a GOTO and Z-ADD's in new
development now.
I've always felt one should adapt and progress, or get out of the way of
the ones that are trying.
I'm not saying I'm 100% current, but in new development programs, I try to
do new things, like use the IBM Api's, use all BIF's, etc.  No more
indicators if I can help it. etc etc.

Ron Power
Programmer
Information Services
City Of St. John's, NL
P.O. Box 908
St. John's, NL
A1C 5M2
709-576-8132
rpower@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.stjohns.ca/
Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm. -
Sir Winston Churchill

michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
2006/01/27 10:47 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
RE: Weird Websphere Studio side effect

10 years? How many years has RPG IV been out and the mass of programmers
are still using MOVE and Z-ADD and multiplying 6.0 numeric date fields
to change date formats in programs...some that still use the cycle?
Yeah...WDSC adoption may take a while.

Of