I've gotten the "Error during translation" when I forgot to include a
binding directory.

For example I included the prototype for atoi(), and used the function,
but didn't include QC2LE in my BNDDIR header line.

The syntax checker will not complain, because it only checks the
prototype, if I'm not mistaken.

Just a suggestion: check that all binding directories exist in your LIBL
when you compile.

HTH,

Peter Colpaert
Application Developer
PLI - IT - Kontich, Belgium
-----
Yoda of Borg are we.  Futile is resistance, assimilated will you be.
-----

"Jon Paris" <Jon.Paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
25/01/2006 14:07
Please respond to

<rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: Indicators and "boolean processing"

 >> An error occurred during translation.

I suspect you are missing some PTFs - the following (your code with
simpler
variable names) compiles fine for me on V5R2.

D A               s               N
D B               s               N
D C               s               N
D X               s              1a
D Y               s              1a

 /Free
           C = Not ((A And Not B) Or
                       X <> Y);
           *inlr = *on;

I have coded way more complex expressions than this and never had a
problem.
Check your PTF level.  If applying all current PTFs doesn't fix it you
should always report internal compiler errors like this to IBM.

it almost certainly means that the compiler generated bad code.  This can
either just be a bug, or a failure to diagnose an error in your code and
then trying to generate code from what should have been an error scenario.

Jon Paris
Partner400

www.Partner400.com
www.RPGWorld.com