SFLRCDNBR(CURSOR) will return the sflrcd that any key is pressed on readc
or no.
I think in step 6 the readc he refers to is on the subfile b.

Ron Power
Programmer
Information Services
City Of St. John's, NL
P.O. Box 908
St. John's, NL
A1C 5M2
709-576-8132
rpower@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.stjohns.ca/
Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm. -
Sir Winston Churchill

Booth Martin <booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces+rpower=stjohns.ca@xxxxxxxxxxxx
2006/01/12 02:18 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: Still having a problem with windowed subfile

I prefer for/endfor loop over readc.  You don't get caught with
sflnxtchg issues(which I suspect may be the heart of your problems in
this instance).

I wonder... how do you know which subfile record wants the result of the
F4 action?  Are you using cursor positioning to know?  If you are using
readc, then what is the change to the subfile record that causes the
readc indicator to be turned on?

Also, since you are discovering the subfile record to update at step 3
why are you doing step 6?  READC in step 6 will not fetch the same
record because it is no longer a changed record, in fact step 6 probably
won't fetch any record since you only changed one record.

Douglas W. Palme wrote:
> I am still having a problem with overwriting subfile A after receiving a

> selection from subfile B (windowed subfile).
>
> Here are the steps I am going through:
>
> 1. Load subfile A wth one blank record, it has among others a numeric
field
> for date, ref, GL account no, etc.
>
> 2. Enter into loop and EXFMT subfile A to await user action.
>
> 3. READC on subfile A after user makes a selection
>
> 4. IF user selects F04 (*IN04 coded as CF04) we EXSR LOADCA which will
load
> subfile B.
>
> 5. Display subfile B and await user selection
>
> 6. Upon return execute a READC to check for any user selections.
>
> 7. Chain to subfile A based on the RRN and then move the new GL account
> number to the appropriate field on subfileA
>
> 8. update subfile A.
>
> 9. Control now drops all the way back to the main procedure which loops
back
> to EXFMT subfile A.
>
>>From what I can tell in theory everything should work, but when it
> redisplays subfile A it blanks out all fields with the exception of the
GL