You reversed the first two parameters.

Try QUOTEPOS = %SCAN(QOUTE:DATA);

Mel Rothman
Mel Rothman, Inc.

daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I'm trying to do a %scan but it keeps returning zero.

QUOTEPOS  = %Scan(DATA:QUOTE);

I've got the following definition (these are all single quotes):

DQUOTE            S              1A   INZ('''')

The debugger says that the variable DATA does have quotes and QUOTE is
equal to a single quote:

DATA =
          ....5...10...15...20...25...30...35...40...45...50...55...60
     1   ''ACC.Account Name'                      'FIN.Posting Date''M'
    61   'CH.Merchant Name'      'FIN.Cost Allocation 2 - DEPARTMENT N'
   121   'UMBER''FIN.Cost Allocation 1 - ACCOUNT NUMBER''FIN.Sales Tax'
   181   ' Amount''FIN.Transaction '

QUOTE = '''

Any ideas?

Dave Parnin