Steve,

If you're asking if you can use embedded SQL in your ILE RPG program, then
yes, this is possible.  You can find documentation on this in the iSeries
Information Center, or in many online forums, including the Midrange-L
archives.

More to the point, does your iSeries have the IBM SQL licensed program
loaded?  To see, use DSPSFWRSC to view a list of installed products.  You'll
need to look for one (actually, two entries in this list) with text similar
to this:

"DB2 Query Manager and SQL Development Kit for AS/400"

If that product is loaded, then you can use embedded SQL in your RPG source
code.

If not, then you could use SQL CLI in your RPG source to utilize SQL.  This
one is quite a lot of work to learn....

Eric DeLong
Sally Beauty Company
MIS-Project Manager (BSG)