I've setup a socket communication program in RPGLE (thanks for the tutorial
Scott Klement) which communicates with a third-party software packages.  I
send data to the PC server job and receive messages back, usually somewhere
around 8 times per part number that I'm processing.  This works fine for
one part number.  However, as I close and reconnect a socket to this server
job (somewhere around 70 times, once for each part #) I start getting a -1
back on my SOCKET request.  The error is CPE3452 - "Too many open files for
this process."  After I cancel the program, even my PING's sometimes fail
to servers that I can ping under other jobs.  I'm using the close(SktID)
API with no -1 return conditions.  Does anyone know if close(SktID) doesn't
actually work for sockets?

Darren Strong
Programmer Analyst
Group Dekko Service LLC.