I've been going through a learning process with QMHSNDPM and
subprocedures.
For our standard programs w/o procedures, we pass '*' as the PgmQ.
That didn't work for subprocedures.
So I started passing in the name of the procedure that is displaying the
message.
That worked fine when the procedure names were 10a.
I changed our wrapper to handle a larger PgmQ value, and changed the
SFLPGMQ keywords in the display file to SFLPGMQ(276).
I have the call stack entry value set at 0 (unless overridden).

So now when I pass it the subprocedure name that is longer than 10a, I
don't see the messages.
If I'm coming from a subprocedure that is 10a or less, I do see the
messages (even after the changes I made above).

Is there some kind of limitation I'm running into, or do I have a
setting wrong...or is there any other mistake I might be making?

      //  Program-Defined Fields
     D MsgFile         S             20a   Inz( 'APPLMSGF  *LIBL     ' )

     D MsgType         S             10a   Inz( '*DIAG     ' )

Wrapper Prototype:
      //  Entry Parameters Prototype

     D EntryParms      PR                  ExtPgm( 'MSGMPRCSND' )

     D  EP#MsgID                      7a   Const

     D  EP#MsgDataLen                10i 0 Const

     D  EP#MsgData                  256a   Const

     D  EP#PgmQ                    4096a   Const

     D  EP#StackCount                10i 0 Const Options( *NoPass )

QMHSNDPM prototype:
      //  Send Program Message API

     D SndPgmMsg       PR                  ExtPgm('QMHSNDPM')

     D   MessageID                    7a   Const

     D   QualMsgF                    20a   Const

     D   MsgData                    256a   Const

     D   MsgDtaLen                   10i 0 Const

     D   MsgType                     10a   Const

     D   CallStkEnt                4096a   Const

     D   CallStkCnt                  10i 0 Const

     D   MessageKey                   4a

     D   ErrorCode                         Like( ErrorDS )

      //  Error Data Structure

     D ErrorDS         DS                  Inz

     D  BytesProv                    10i 0 Inz( %size( ErrorDS ) )

     D  BytesAvail                   10i 0

     D  MessageID                     7a

     D  Err###                        1a

     D  MessageDta                  100a

.. ok, I hope that's everything I needed to send.  :)

Kurt Anderson
Application Developer
Highsmith Inc.
W5527 State Road 106, P.O. Box 800