Yes and no.  When you call a Java program from the command line, you are
actually calling the static method "main".  Also, the command line
processor takes your parameter line and parses it into an array of
Strings, breaking up the line at blanks.

So, yes, you can call the routine's main method but it takes some extra
work.  You would have to create your own array of Strings to pass to the
main method.  That's not impossible, but it takes a little work,
especially since RPG doesn't handle Strings and arrays quite the same
way Java does.  There are two basic options:

1. Add a special method to the GeneratePDF class that takes a byte array
(RPG's equivalent of a String), parses it into an array of Strings, and
then calls the main method.

2. Write a utility class with a static routine that takes a byte array
and returns an array of Strings.  This you could then use whenever you
needed to call a class's main method.  In your RPG program, just pass
the byte array to the new method, and pass what it returns to the main
method of the GeneratePDF class.

Hmmm.  I like the second option.  Seems like a nice thing to have in
your toolbox.

Joe