rpg400-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>   7. Re: How to track the key stroke of a screen displayed by
>      executing a CL command inside a RPGLE program (Joep Beckeringh)
>
>> The Cancel and Exit flags are set after every return from an IBM
> > program, including SEU. As Tom says, using QUSRJOBI will retrieve
> > these flags. I use this method from a CL program to determine whether
> > a user changed a batch FTP script prior to running it.
>
>Are you sure this works? You can only leave SEU with F3 in edit mode. I
>just tested with QUSRJOBI.

I think Matt previously pointed out that this was explicitly STRSEU OPTION(5).
Under option 5, you can leave via F3 or F12 or simply <Enter>.

Under option 3, you can leave via F3 or <Enter> but not F12. Note that leaving
the edit display is not leaving SEU. You leave the 'Exit' display.

>First I executed STRSEU unprompted (via QCMDEXC and a wrapper) and
>called QUSRJOBI after. 'Cancel' en 'exit' were both '0', whether I
>changed the member or not.
>
>Then I executed STRSEU prompted:
>- When I canceled the prompt with F12 'cancel' was '1', 'exit' was '0'
>- When I canceled the prompt with F3 both 'cancel' and 'exit' were '0'
>- When I entered SEU both 'cancel' and 'exit' were '0'.
>
>The second case seems strange: I would have expected 'exit' to be '1'.
>Don't know why that is; documentation says no more then 'Whether the
>user pressed the cancel/exit key ' and 'The application or command that
>was called before this API determines how the key is set'.

Hmmm... 'STRSEU unprompted/prompted'... prompted as in '?STRSEU' in QCMDEXC?

I.e., are you testing whether or not the command prompter was
cancelled/exitted? or whether SEU was?

When I test leaving STRSEU browse from within QCMDEXC (V5R1), I get the
expected results. F3 sets on Exit, F12 sets on Cancel and <Enter> leaves both
off.

Tom Liotta