Hi Mohammed,

1. if you use a cursor, the record gets automatically locked executing the
fetch statement.
   But it's only locked if you have an UPDATE-Statement with WHERE CURRENT
OF for the Cursor.
   If there is no update statement, the record will not be locked at the
fetch statement.
   Specifying FOR READ ONLY or FOR FETCH ONLY does not affect the behavior
of locking a record.
   If a cursor is updateable or deletable and FOR FETCH ONLY is not
specified,
   blocking may not be used by the database manager and exclusive locks may
not be avoided.

2. If none of your files/tables is journaled, add a SET OPTION-Statement as
follows:
   C/EXEC SQL   Set Option  Commit = *NONE
   C/End-Exec

   If you only want specific updates, inserts or deletes not committed, just
add WITH NC
   to the statement.

Birgitta