From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2005 11:29 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: API- Userspace pointer Question

Bad Tommy!  Bad Tommy!

If IBM changes the 'List member size' by adding a new field to SPLF0300
or some other reason and you do not modify your code you are toast.  You
should use the 'List member size' from the generic list header and not
%size of that data structure.

List member size is field GHListMbrSz below:

      /define GH0100
      * GH0100 - List API - Generic Header Format 0100 from 'System API
Reference'
     D pGH0100List     S               *
     D ListEntry       S             10i 0
     D pGH0100         S               *         Ptr header
     D GH0100          DS                  Based(pGH0100)
     D  GHUser                       64A         User area
     D  GHGHSize                     10I 0       Generic header size
     D  GHRelease                     4A         Structure rel level
     D  GHFormat                      8A         Format name
     D  GHAPI                        10A         API used
     D  GHDTS                        13A         Date/time created
     D  GHInfoSts                     1A         Information status
     D  GHUSsize                     10I 0       Size user space
     D  GHInpOff                     10I 0       Offset input parm
     D  GHInpSize                    10I 0       Size input parm
     D  GHHdrOff                     10I 0       Offset header sectn
     D  GHHdrSize                    10I 0       Size header sectn
     D  GHListOff                    10I 0       Offset list data
     D  GHListSize                   10I 0       List data size
     D  GHListNbr                    10I 0       Number list members
     D  GHListMbrSz                  10I 0       List member size
     D  GHListCCSID                  10I 0       CCSID list entry
     D  GHCountry                     2A         Country ID
     D  GHLanguage                    3A         Language ID
     D  GHSubsetInd                   1A         Subset list ind
     D  GHReserved                   42A         Reserved

Rob Berendt
--
Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073

"Holden Tommy" <Tommy.Holden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
09/22/2005 11:05 AM
Please respond to

"RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Fax to

Subject
RE: API- Userspace pointer Question

s0300Ptr=s0300Ptr+%Size(SPLF0300)

Where s0300Ptr is set to the original offset just add the %size of the
DS returned.

Thanks,
Tommy Holden