From: "Wall, Isa (ED)" <IWall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2005 3:37 PM
Subject: LikeDS in Subprocedure

I am creating a subprocedure and want to send an error data structure as
a parm.  Below is a sample of what I coded but is not compiling.  Can
anyone help?  I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks.

DSITEM_isItemFinishedGood...
D                 PR             1A
D                                3  0 Const
D                               12    Const
D                                     LikeDs(@DS_ErrMsg)
 *
 * Error Message Data Structure
D @DS_ERRMSG      DS                  QUALIFIED
D    @Error_Code                 1a
D    @Error_Desc                50a

P SITEM_isItemFinishedGood...
P                 B                   Export
 *
D SITEM_isItemFinishedGood...
D                 PI             1A
D P_CompNbr                      3  0 Const
D P_ItemNbr                     12A   Const
D P_ErrorMsg                          LikeDs(@DS_ErrMsg)

This is the error message I'm getting.
Too many parameters specified in the procedure interface;
extra parameters ignored.

Code, code, code....

P SITEM_isItemFinishedGood...
P                 E