From: Barton, Mike [mailto:Mike.Barton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 11:27 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: RPG Program and Display file interaction

>Thanks Mike.  I have tried that with mixed results.  Because of the SFLDROP
>keyword, the screen always displays in drop mode, even though I try to use
>condition indicators to force it not to.  Also, although I'm using
>SFLRCDNBR, when I do just the write, it always shows the first page of the
>subfile.  But, the message did go away!

Richard
        I just modded a pgm I recently wrote to try this out.

I appear to get different results 2 u.
Although I don't use a window, I just overlay a confirm field instead.
The pgm appears to keep the correct page No and keeps SFLdrop status.

here are the key elements to the dspf & rpg pgm:

A          R DAP100C1                  SFLCTL(DAP100F1)
A                                      SFLSIZ(0008)
A                                      SFLPAG(0007)
A  21                                  SFLDROP(CA07)
A                                      SFLMODE(&C1MODE)
A            C1MODE         1A  H
A            C1PAGE         4S 0H      SFLRCDNBR(CURSOR)

 *init
C                   Move      *on           C1mode
C                   Move      C1mode        *in21
 * load sf etc
C                   ExFmt     DAP100C1
C                   Move      C1mode        *in21
 * save page no (from INFds for display - pos 378-379B0)
C                   If        £isflr > *zero
C                   Z-Add     £isflr        C1page
C                   EndIf
 * validate subfile entries & now confirm OK
C                   Write     DAP100C1
 * overlay confirm window
C                   Exfmt     DAP100W1

Not sure if this is of any help...
Apologies if I have missed something out.

Mike