Hello all,

We have just had an office move and we moved an old 3487 terminal which
controls an even older label printer, now I cannot get the iSeries to recognise
it. I have tried deleting the DEVD and recreating it. I deleted it again and
tried letting AUTOCONFIG generate the device but it doesn't want to do that. Am
I right in assuming that if I delete the device, physically disconnect it from
the network, (it is connected to the network using one of those "balloon"
things, which I know zilch about but am assured nothing can go wrong with
them), then reconnect it and switch on then the iSeries will recognise a new
device and create a description for it? Or is there something else I need to
do? I know the terminal works because I connected it in the building here
before lugging it across the road. I also swapped the network cable in its new
home with the laser printer sat next to it, the laser printer still works. I
also went thru the setup (hold Space bar down while switching on) to ensure the
switches were set. PRTDEVADR also shows that the devices are there, in theory,
so why won't they vary on?

Confused of Raamsdonksveer.

Steve Raby
GEP Contractor (Mulix)
LNP Engineering Plastics            Tel. +31 162 587684
Ottergeerde 22-28                    Fax  +31 162 521924
4941VM   Raamsdonksveer    Mobile +31 620 542063
                                            Mail : steve.raby@xxxxxxxxxxxx