On 7/25/05, Kurt Anderson <kjanderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> For the first time I'm writing a (non-service) program in all
> procedures.
>
> I have a situation where I Monitor for an error. When the error occurs,
> I want to send a message and then terminate the program.
> But... how do I terminate the program from within a sub-procedure?

That is an interesting one. I would have to say that, one way (kind of ugly)
would be to get the job number, and do a system('ENDJOB
JOB(888888/USER/JOBNAME'); , but that would end the entire job. If you were
going to monitor the result at the call level, I would suggest:

If ProcedureCall(Parm);
*InLR=*On;
Return;
Endif;

Just return *On from the subprocedure if an end to the program is necessary.
Or, I get into the habit of turning on *InLR at the beginning of the
program, because I never want the entire calc specs repeated anyways...