Rob,

They are SNA but are routed over IP (APPCOVE).
Since an *ALLOBJ user can execute the connection I doubt that the
Serverauthentication is the cause for the problem. Also so far as I know the
server is not checking for the user on the individual request but only for the
initialisation of the APPCOVE connection.

Kind regards,
Eeduard.

rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
midrange-L not rpg400-l.

However, I'm willing to bet that these DDM files are TCP and not SNA.
Here's some commands to learn:
DSPSVRAUTE
ADDSVRAUTE USRPRF(MYUSER) SERVER(QDDMSERVER) USRID(THISUSER)
PASSWORD(GUESSIT)
QDDMSERVER must be all capitals.
I suspect there's another use for this ADDSVRAUTE so that you can also
avoid CONNECT TO ... USING ... for imbedded SQL.

Rob Berendt