From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Douglas W. Palme
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2005 5:14 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: Import taking over 24 hours

Part of the reason is that is the only way to really get the raw data,
since
we don't have a layout of the file we are not positive of where each
field
begins or ends.....the ftp routine is only taking about 10% of the total

time to complete, the rest seems to be in parsing down the data.

On Mon, 9 May 2005 13:18:51 -0700, Alan Campin wrote
> Why are you dumping the files to MS Access. You are running an
> RS/6000. Why not just FTP them directly to the AS/400 or to the IFS?
>
> Also, you did not break down the various times. How much time for
> each phase of the project? Where are you spending your time?

<snip>