Thanks Charles..

> message: 4
> date: Wed, 4 May 2005 14:06:20 -0400
> from: "Wilt, Charles" <CWilt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> subject: RE: Join 2 files with 1 key from each file.
>
> Have you read this?:
> http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/enable/site/bi/strategy/index.html

Not yet.

> Have you run the query under debug or from iSeries Navagator using
Visual
> Explain?

Yes, it's finding indexes it needs.  I'm frustrated because it seems
Like you should be able to have a key from each file.
If I can think of it, why the h*11 can't db2 do it?

> What version of OS/400?

5.2

> How large are the files, how large of a result set are you expecting?

S1 is 2.2 million recs, s3 is 2.7 million recs.
I expect a large result set.  I'm using the
For Read Only Optimize For 10 Rows at the end of the statement and
That made a noticeable difference before I introduced the secondary
Order By.

> Charles Wilt
> iSeries Systems Administrator / Developer
> Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
> ph: 513-573-4343
> fax: 513-398-1121

Order#