From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ellsberry, Steve
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 2:32 PM
To: 'RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries'
Subject: RE: Join 2 files with 1 key from each file.

Hey John,

You have the right idea by creating an existing access path but I'm not
sure it's going to help because of the way you're joining the files.

One thing you can always do to see how to improve performance is put the
job in debug than carefully examine the joblog. The SQL optimizer writes
blocks of records to the log. If you press help on the messages it will
tell you what's going on and if it's building an access path it will
tell you what fields are being used as key fields.