Jeff,

(disclaimer:  I'm 'kind of new' to using subprocedures and service programs,
so take what I say with a grain of salt!!)

I don't believe you want to have the PI for XCPRIC included in the calling
programs. The included prototype should take care of that.

I do something very similar to this except that I have one large source
member that holds most of my prototypes.
This source member also includes the datastructure declarations (CustDS  E
DS ExtName(DMCUSMST)), etc. for most of my 'core' files (parts, customers,
vendors, etc).
These data structures are also declared as 'Qualified'. I do this in case I
have a local field that is the same name as one of the file fields.

I don't believe it is necessary to move the passed data structures to local
ones in XCPRIC.  I do that also, though, so that I keep my 'original' data .
I then make any changes to the local DSs, and then decide to move them to
the parameters to be passed back, or not.

I've found this methodology to work well and be very 'reusable'.

HTH

Tim Kredlo