Yup. This is what we did. We monitored the values of all control level
fields using the interactive debugger.

> The only difference I see between your version
> & what I have used is that you have M6 level
> but with no level break indicator against them.
> I assume this is ok since the compiler would have
> thrown it out.
>
> As mentioned earlier, its best to rename one set
> of fields to be the same as the other file fields.

Tried this as well, just now. The problem persists.

> Unfortunately I cannot quite see what is the
> problem....

I don't know whether to call it a problem, or not. Perhaps this is really
how RPG/400 works. But what we observed using the interactive debugger is
that *INL1 is set after reading the primary file without first finishing
reading the secondary files (with equal/equivalent keys).

Here's a partial listing of the query on the two files in question. After
reading the first record of CSPLNORD, *INL1 is set and triggers the printing
of details. It then proceeds to reading the first two records of the
secondary file, setting *INL1, and triggering the printing of another detail
line.

CSPLNORD
========
PLOYER   PLOMKT  PLOIGR  PLOCSZ  PLOCVT  PLOITM           PLOC01   MPODES

 2,005    EUR      CD      30     352    01160             1,000   EUROPE
MARK
 2,005                     35     304    01254             1,000   EUROPE
MARK
                                           TOTAL           2,000

 2,005             JC      05     106    01255             1,000   EUROPE
MARK
 2,005                     10     302    01250             1,000   EUROPE
MARK
                                           TOTAL           2,000

 2,005             MS      10     304    01250             1,000   EUROPE
MARK
                                           TOTAL           1,000

 2,005             PL      10     352    01159             1,000   EUROPE
MARK
 2,005                     30     304    01253             1,000   EUROPE
MARK
                                           TOTAL           2,000

                                           TOTAL           7,000

 2,005    USA      01      10     302    01250             1,000   USA
MARKET
 2,005                     15     811    00198             1,000   USA
MARKET

CSINVSUM
========
IVSYER   IVSMKT  IVSIGR  IVSCSZ  IVSCVT  IVSITM  IVSITP     IVSCSE
 2,005    EUR      CD      30     352    01160     S           204
 2,005                     30     352    01160     E           176
 2,005             JC      05     106    01255     S           408
 2,005                     05     106    01255     E             8
 2,005                     10     302    01250     S         1,156
 2,005                     10     302    01250     E            20
 2,005             MS      10     304    01250     S           748
 2,005                     10     304    01250     E           546
 2,005             PL      10     352    01159     S           340
 2,005                     10     352    01159     E           172
 2,005                     30     304    01253     S           272
 2,005                     30     304    01253     E           138
 2,005    USA              10     304    01250     S         1,240
 2,005                     10     304    01250     E         4,240

IPLNMJ1      01
I                                              PLOYER  M6
I                                              PLOMKTL3M5
I                                              PLOIGRL2M4
I                                              PLOCSZL1M3
I                                              PLOCVTL1M2
I                                              PLOITML1M1
IINVSUM      02
I                                              IVSYER  M6
I                                              IVSMKTL3M5
I                                              IVSIGRL2M4
I                                              IVSCSZL1M3
I                                              IVSCVTL1M2
I                                              IVSITML1M1
----------
  MAIN
----------
.
.
.
CL1                   EXSR PRTDTL
.
.

SAMPLE OUTPUT
=============
                                                          Cur Mo.   Total
     Item_  Size__  Variety___  Market_PO_Description____  ___PO__  Shipmts
  CONC FOR DC OR DIRECT
     01160  12-46   PO          EUROPE MARKET                1,000

     01160  12-46   PO          EUROPE MARKET                           204

     01254  6-10    J-          EUROPE MARKET                1,000
     01254  6-10    J-          EUROPE MARKET                           272

                                Sub-total                    2,000      476

I guess the way to go is an extract file.

--
Carl Mañoso
"It is not real work unless you would rather be doing something else."