From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Lim Hock-Chai
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2005 4:08 PM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Passing multi occurrence DS pointer to procedure - Data out
ofalignment

Before I call IBM, I though I'll check to see if anybody has encountered this
before.

---- Some background ---------------------------------------------------------
I've a program that has a multi occurrence DS in the main procedure:
D Mcradd          Ds                  Occurs(12) likeds(sfAddDS)

In this program there is a sub-procedure that accept point of the above DS as a
parm:
P chkAddingWgrp   B
D                 PI              N
D addDSPtr                        *   value

D addDS           DS                  likeDS(SFAddDS) occurs(12)
D                                     based(addDSPtr)

---- Problem (Note: This rarely happen.  In most case, it work just fine.)
-----------------------
When the main procedure does the following
    chkAddingWgrp(%addr(mcrAdd))

In debug mode:  The 4th occurrence data is out of sync between the Mcradd in
main procedure and the addDS in sub-procedure:  See below

MCRADD.UNLIKESWAP I(4) = ' '
MCRADD.DSFECINOLD I(4) = ' '
MCRADD.DSFEC(4) = '   '
MCRADD.SVID(4) = '          '