From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Stefan Tageson
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 9:27 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RPG CGI with large amount of data

Hello,

I'm trying to retrieve a large piece of data (approx 2mb) in a rpg cgi
program by using

getenv(content_length)
alloc(content_length)

D cgiparse        PR                  extproc('QzhbCgiParse')
     D   cmd                         20a                (in this case
"-Post")
     D   fmt                          8a                (in this case
"CGI0100")
     D   target                   32767a         based(mp)  (in this case
a pointer from alloc(Content_Length))
     D   targetlen                   10I 0
     D   responselen                 10I 0
     D   Errorcode                   16a

I'm receiving MCH6902 The requested heap space operation is invalid, and
C2M1212 The pointer parameter passed to free or realloc is not valid.

If I try using qtmhrdstin api instead of qzhbcgiparse all data is received
but the format of the data makes me feel unhappy.

Am I doing something very wrong?

Currently running on OS/400 V5R1 and the original HTTP server.

Best regards,

Stefan Tageson
Informatikk Sverige AB
Propellergatan 1, SE-211 19 Malmö, Sweden
Cell: +46 733 913 813