You could dynamically build a SQL Statement using DAYS, MONTHS, YEARS and
then cast them back to integer.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark D. Walter
Senior Programmer/Analyst
CCX, Inc.
mwalter@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ccxinc.com

             "Peter Dow"
             <maillist@dowsoft
             ware.com>                                                  To
             Sent by:                  "RPG programming on the AS400 /
             rpg400-l-bounces@         iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             midrange.com                                               cc

                                                                   Subject
             02/15/2005 02:52          Re: PROTOTYPING - What type of data
             PM                        are values as *MONTH, *DAY, *SYS

             Please respond to
              RPG programming
              on the AS400 /
                  iSeries
             <rpg400-l@midrang
                  e.com>

Oh.  I ran into that with the %char bif as well.  Until a variable is
allowed for the format, I simply have a long IF/ELSEIF statement that
translates a constant to the appropriate %char statement; it appears Igor
would have to do something similar.

Peter Dow
Dow Software Services, Inc.
909 793-9050 voice