John,

Why export both GetClientName and GetRecord procedures?  Just export the
GetClientName.  Have GetClientName (and other similar getters) accepts
client & division and return the Name (or other value).  The exported
GetClientName calls the non-exported GetRecord procedure to read that client
record.

Have GetRecord guard it's read by checking the client & division on the
record with the passed client & division.  If it's already read in that
record GetRecord does nothing and returns.  If it hasn't read in that record
GetRecord chains to the record.  If the chain fails GetRecord can
clear/initialize the record fields.

This avoids problems like not calling GetRecord before calling
GetClientName.  It also makes the module easier to use -one less procedure
to call.

Paul

--
Paul Morgan